The Traveling Wilbury's(name my aunt gave them) have arrived all in one piece. I'm used to traveling alone and proud to say I get to do quite a bit of traveling. I liken this adventure that is starting to a mix of Kathleen Turner in the beginning of "Romancing the Stone" when Michael Douglas has to machette off the heals on her shoes and The Griswold's on "European Vacation." They are safely tucked into bed now and I have had a beer or 3 to calm the nerves. Ah!
We were able to get them out and keep them up(to wear off the jet lag) by walking to the Spanish Steps and the Trevi Fountain. There were points when I didn't think we, including me, would make it across the street. I quickly remembered from my trip in 1999 that the people of Rome DO NOT stop for you unless you are literally in the middle of the street. I remember in '99 following a priest across the street because we figured no one would hit him, especially in Rome. Anyway, we made it across all the Vias and had a great time.
I have to say, I don't remember this from 11 years ago, but a lot has changed in 11 years. The men of Italy have swagger, style, and are down right HOT! Wowza! Watch out Rome, American on the loose!
No comments:
Post a Comment