We arrived Wednesday and hit the ground running to Oxford Street and the shops. I found an orange watch that I love. We met Brenda up in Soho for dinner before heading to the theatre.
Priscilla Queen of the Desert: The Musical is playing in London. It is based off the film version, which I had never seen before. I had absolutely no expectation for the show. When I arrived at the theatre there was a HUGE sparkling high heal in the marquee. I knew I had arrived. Once we were in the theatre we were decorated with a pink feather boa(came with the ticket), which we proudly put it around our necks, and made it to our seats. From the opening number until the end I was mesmerized. I loved every single second of this show. The story of acceptance and tolerance is so phenomenal, especially the acceptance of one's self for who he is. I laughed, I sang(quietly, but these are all popular songs we know), I cried-it was touching and out of this world. The show is supposed to come to the US this coming year. I met a guy out tonight who says the Kylie songs will be replaced with Madonna. We'll see if he is right. Anyway, the show was just great. The high point for me came at the end when the three leading "ladies" belted out "We Belong". It was powerful and moving.

We then headed to a pub to share a drink with Brenda before she headed home. Cary, Charlie and I then went to another bar, The Village, where there was karaoke going on. None of us did a song, but we sure sang. Our new best friends were a couple of guys we belted "Don't Let The Sun Go Down On Me Yet" with. It was a great time and London sure has some showbirds who do karaoke-sheesh!
Today, Thursday, Lesley set out on her own and C&C and I went shopping-yes, again! If you ever get to London please go to the Liberty of London store. Even if you don't buy anything, it is a gorgeous building and so fun to shop around in. Then we headed for high tea, which was a fabulous experience, before shopping more. I'm not quite sure how I am going to fit an already packed suitcase with TWO more pairs of shoes-oops, I love you London! Or for that matter the jacket I bought today. Oops, I love you London. My bag was FULL after Paris, but I haven't stopped shopping. Oops, I love you London.
Tomorrow is our last full-day here so we are going to hit some sights and what else, shop, at Harrods.

No comments:
Post a Comment